Monday, April 19, 2010

The Bone Bender Was a Blast...

MG on the podium after snaring second place at the six hour at the Bone Bender at Smithville Lake. Photo: CVO

There was a good Nebraska contingent at the Bone Bender 3/6 hour at Smithville Lake near Kansas City this past weekend. I saddled up my new Salsa Ti El Mariachi for six hours of fun, and even with a stacked field, ended up riding well enough to walk away with second place on the day. It was a good day on some awesome trails ridin' fast with good buddies.

As we roll into TransIowa week, I'm happy to say I didn't overextend myself with the effort at the Bone Bender, because it's gonna' be time to really get the game faces on... This is the Big One. It's time.

6 comments:

BB said...

Congrats MG!!!! I didn't see you out there thanks to me arriving 10 minutes before the start and doing the 3 hour. I did not give you enough time to lap me - HA! Maybe on the 4th lap you would have....

Way to ride and bring home the bacon!

All the best this weekend in the gravel slugfest.

Cornbread said...

Virtual high five! Great job Matt!

cvo said...

dude, it was wicked fun going to that race, and seeing you kick ass.

that is one hellava course, and something tells me, it'll be on next years docket for sure.

Unknown said...

way to bring it! Nice work! See you in a few days.

MG said...

Thanks Bruce -- I can't believe we totally missed each other out there... That's absolutely amazing! But that said, there were so many people at that race, it's not totally surprising either, now that I sit here and think about it a little.

Cornbread, thanks brother... I know we're going to have some great races this year. This week's gravel in Iowa is gonna' be absolutely epic. I'm getting excited...

CVO, THANK YOU for taking the time to roll down to Smithville to race. That was a ton of fun all around. The riding, the hangin'... All of it.

Tim, my brother... Thank you. I'm lookin' forward to riding with you soon.

Cheers,
MG

RD said...

good luck this weekend good ride last weekend