Thursday, December 11, 2008

Butch Johnson Gives Tips for the Year-Round Cyclist...

"When I get up in the morning, I don't even think about other ways to get to work. I just ride my bike."

-- Butch Johnson

Thanks to the Lincoln Journal Star for promoting commuting by bicycle, and to Brent "Butch" Johnson and Cycle Works for the great information and perspective on how to do it easily and successfully every day.

For those who don't know Butch, he's a lifelong cyclist, a TransIowa finisher, a super duper nice guy and is someone who I'm proud to call a great friend. We can all learn something from what he's saying in this video, so give it a look.

Have a great day! I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day we're having today.

Cheers,
MG

2 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Very nice. Butch did a great job and the info was spot on. My favorite part was where he said it was like being a kid again.

Right on! It's all about having some fun. Who is having fun driving a car? I mean, I usually find myself thinking, "I wish I was riding a bike instead of driving." It's just evil. But then again.......maybe I'm the crazy one.

MG said...

Nope, I think you're right on good buddy. I'm right there with ya'. I agree that Butch said it very eloquently -- it's like being a kid every time we ride. We talk about it all the time. It's perfect for me, because there's definitely a part of me that'll never grow up. But that said, we all have responsibilities... jobs, families, bills to pay, so riding is what keep it on the level. Well, that and building wheels. And I suppose for you Mark, playing guitar. I hope someday it'll be that for me as well. I have the guitar... I just need the skills.

I guess you are the crazy one... but in a good way.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
MG