Monday, February 11, 2008

Made It Into TransIowa...

I just might be insane, but I found out this past Friday that I'm in the field of T.I.V.4, or the 2008 TransIowa gravel road grinder. Our good buddy Guitar Ted is one of the promoters of the event, which promises to be one of, if not the single toughest event I've ever participated in on a bicycle. It might be one of the hardest things I've ever undertaken, period.

My La Cruz is getting more ready by the day, and my body will be ready by the time the event comes at the end of April. I'm not ready to do a 300+ mile, 32 hour ride right now, I'll tell you that, but mentally, I've got a plan to be ready, and that feels good. It feels do-able. And honestly, after doing the 200 mile Dirty Kanza last season, I feel like this won't be too much of a stretch... easy to say now, 'eh?!

Have a good night!

Cheers,
MG

No comments: