Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally, a beautiful day... and it's lookin' good for the weekend...

It's going to be a good weekend, based on NOAA's forecast (above). I think we're going to be riding gravel for the most part though -- the trails are going to be a mess. mw, -jb and i gave serious thought to doing jim craig's race this weekend, but it's just too wet. I don't do mud races anymore. I'm more into building trails than tearing them apart.

I just walked over to the Coffee House for a cup and I gotta say, it feels like Spring is here. Finally!! It seems like it's been forever since it's felt like this kind of weather has been around... welcome back old friend!

Please stay out of Wilderness Park or any of the other local trails this weekend!! Trail damage done this time of year often takes a season or more to fix. Please don't do it!! Instead, hit the gravel with us. The more the merrier. Don't know specific plans yet, other than I think we're going to ride out to say hi to people at the start of Jim's race Sunday (which starts at 1:30pm, if memory serves). Other than that, it's a FREE FOR ALL!

I hope you get out to enjoy the next few days. Let me know if you want to hook up for some ridin'.

Cheers,
MG

2 comments:

debaser said...

We're rocking the super warm temps through next week as well, rumors of 70 degree days everywhere. It's long, long overdue. Mucho riding this weekend for me.

MG said...

nice ganz... get out and pedal while you still can!! ;-}

have a great weekend brother,
mg