Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wednesday -- got to get over the hump...


Curiousity got the better of me last night, and I decided to hit Wilderness Park to get an update on the conditions. The good news is that I waited long enough -- the trail was good and frozen by the time I got out there. The bad news is that there was so much ice on the trail that I was often fighting to simply keep the bike upright. But I got the update I was looking for -- the park still needs more time.

Today's warm temps. will help get rid of some of the ice, but it's also going to make the park a muddy mess. Please, PLEASE don't ride at Wilderness Park today... That's all I'm gonna' say.

But by all means, do get out on your bike today. It's going to be a glorious 50 degrees, and with the weekend forecast looking pretty dismal, weather-wise, this might be your best chance to get some saddle time in.

Whatever you do, have fun!
MG

3 comments:

debaser said...

I was out for two and a half hours today, on the crosser, could have done 90% of it on the roadie. 30 mph winds made for super good and super slow riding.

MG said...

that wind is a killer when it's in your face, isn't it? we've had our fair share of wind here lately. sounds like this weekend the weather may turn extra crappy... we'll see. we've dodged a lot of bullets weather-wise lately...

debaser said...

Its 6 degrees outside. During the heat of the day. Yikes!