The ride included a trail that I've always wanted to check out -- the Oak Creek Trail from Valpraiso to Branerd -- about 10 miles one-way. On the way out, it ended up being uphill and against a pretty persistently strong headwind... Bummer.
But going home we FLEW! 30+ miles per hour much of the time -- on mountain bikes with full knobbies! Sweet!
Some not as well versed with long rides may not have any idea what sort of sustinence it takes to do a ride like we did yesterday, so without further ado, here's what I downed during the ride:
- espresso -- about 18 shots' worth -- in the form of several americanas with honey. no joke.
- mountain dew pitch black -- two 20 oz. bottles -- one in valpraiso each time we passed through. you can't find 'pitch black' just anywhere these days, ya' know!
- cream filled long john -- one (mmm... donuts)
- beef jerky -- one small bag (mmmm... jerky)
- Dolly Madison cinnamon rolls -- one package (2 rolls)
- Blue Powerade -- 2 large water bottles (48oz.)
- Nature Valley sweet & salty granola bars -- 2 bars
- skittles -- 2 bags (bonk-proofness guaranteed!)
- Lays dill-flavored potato chips -- one bag