Monday, October 03, 2005

... is that bacon I smell???

We had a magnum ride on tap for the bacon ride yesterday. By Mod's estimates, we had 35 riders present... it was incredible. So we took off on our first lap. Kent and I led 'er up until I (gracefully) pegged the only rock capable of flatting my front tire in Yunto (see pic above). After quickly learning that my Stan's sealant wasn't going to seal up the cut in the casing, I went for my spare tube. Of course, there was a huge hole in the spare tube. Luckily, CVO had spent the night about 1/4-mile away, and had a spare tube to give back at his camp. 25 minutes later, with my flat fixed, I spun a lap of the horse trails alone. It was very serene. I stopped at the log ride in Ruthies backyard and took in the sounds, sights and smells of fall.

Stops like that are one of my favorite aspects of cycling, but often when riding with a group, they don't happen, or aren't able to happen. It's not that I don't like riding with people, but I also appreciate the calm and serenity that can come from trail breaks on a solo ride. But I digress...

Happy Monday!
MG

No comments: