Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Salsa Big Mama For Sale... SOLD!!

Big Beauty... The burnt orange paint on the Big Mama has always been one of my favorite Salsa colors.

I've decided it's time to sell my beloved Salsa Big Mama... It's something I've been putting off for quite some time, as I'm a big fan of the bike, but ultimately I can't justify having two four inch travel full suspension 29"ers... I just don't end up riding the bike enough to keep it around, so I'm letting it go to a home that can put it to better use.

If you're in the market for a very budget friendly full suspension 29"er and you ride a 20"/Large frame, please consider my very clean Salsa Big Mama as an option for your next bike. Following are a few descriptive photos, along with contact details for me if you're interested in chatting and learning more.

The Control Center... Quality components throughout, including a Salsa Pro Moto Ti stem and Bend 3 bar, SRAM X7 GripShift and Hayes HFX hydraulic brakes.

A King headset and Manitou Minute (100mm travel) fork anchor the front of the bike. The Minute features Manitou's latest Absolute + compression damper. The fork's lower legs are nearly new, the result of a warranty replacement, so the bushings are just broken in... no more. Overall, it's an incredible performing fork.
A Fox RP2 provides damping for the rear suspension and the low-leverage design is a proven performer. For my 155 lb weight, I only needed to run 88lbs of pressure, making it super sensitive to small bumps, yet the rising rate linkage provides enough ramp up to eliminate bottoming. It's a great performing design.
The drivetrain is an excellent performing combination of a Shimano Deore XT front deraileur and SRAM X7 rear derailleur. They drive the chain across a TruVativ Stylo Team crank (22/32/44 triple) and a SRAM cassette (11-34). Nothing super fancy, but durable, reliable parts that won't let you down in the middle of nowhere.
The Big Mama frame includes seven custom forged pieces, two of which are shown in this image. It's a robust, very well-built frame!
A Thomson Elite seatpost (31.6mm) and WTB RocketV Team Ti rail saddle offer up a comfortable perch for long miles.


The frame and all included parts are in excellent shape and function perfectly. I'm asking $1,100, plus shipping. Please contact me with any questions, at the phone number or address listed in the comments section.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Happy trails!


3 comments:

MG said...

Quick update... The Big Mama has been sold. Jason Ortiz will soon be the new owner. Congratulations Jason!

Cheers,
MG

Jortiz said...

Thanks for making this possible, Gersip! I really appreciate it!

MG said...

My pleasure Ortiz. Give me a shout when you want to come over and pick it up.

Cheers,
MG