Friday, August 10, 2007

Recent Random Images From My Camera...

Perhaps one of the best images I've ever taken -- from the Johnson farm at 162nd and Van Dorn

8 minutes prior to the first image...

A cicada near the end of its life. Shot at Wilderness Park, Aug. 6, 2007, by me. Notice how the rear portion of his body is gone. He's basically a fly at this point...

Same cicada - different angle

And one more, for those who can never get enough nature...

Now onto the main event... Notice anything different about my CCC?

Fire Bike II -- Jason the Butcher's son Nathan calls Jason's orange Dos Niner "Fire Bike." That's the perfect name for that bike, so I'm officially christening my new Dos "Fire Bike II." Some people say the sequel is never as good as the original, but I tend to think, in this case, they're pretty evenly matched.

Fire Bike II on Gage County Road - August 6, 2007

Another shot from Gage Co. Road - August 6, 2007 - It was a good ride...

Have a safe, fun weekend!

Cheers,
MG

2 comments:

redstone said...

You're just not into drop bars, are you Matty? PFS though.

Just got back from Steamboat. Missed you. And Debaser. Think we got about 60-70 miles of singletrackin' in.

I like the shots of the bike by the dirt road and fencepost. where is that?

MG said...

thanks dave. that'd have been fun to get some sweet steamboat singletrack in with you, but i don't think it's in the cards yet this season. hopefully next summer, 'eh?

instead of that, i raced and rode my bike in super hot conditions. still had fun tho...

those shots of the dos on the fencepost are from approx. 60th and Gage County Road. basically i was about two miles southwest of firth, as the crow flies.