Friday, May 11, 2007

Prep for Platte...

The scene in 2006 -- MG on 'the Tooth' -- by Mitch Kline, www.mitchkline.com

It should be a good time Saturday at Platte River State Park. NOAA says it'll be 70 degrees at the 10am start, and at the daily high of 85 at our 4pm finish. Looks like it'lll be a warm one...

It sounds like the Platte course is getting the love it needs to make it great for the race. Thanks in advance to Kris, Jeff and the entire Cycle Works/Moose's Tooth team for putting the race on tomorrow. My only aspirations are to have fun and keep myself in one piece for the duration. Six hours of uninterrupted saddle time at Platte is virgin territory for me, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

As I worked on my Dos at lunch today I realized the servicing I'd recenetly performed (including O-ring replacement) on my Reba has not corrected the leaking from the positive to negative air spring chambers. It only happens while riding, but I'm sure that after six hours tomorrow, it'll definitely be a problem. So onto the Dos will go the Maverick fork (from my El Mariachi, on which will go the rigid fork).

If long-term durability is any indicator of quality, that Maverick SC-32 has it all over the Reba... That Reba has been nothing but headache lately. It went for a whole year with nothing but routine maintenance, but in the past three months, things have been crappy... bummer. Oh well, at least I've got that Maverick to run. I know it'll last.

Now I just gotta' get my body to the finish line. I'm ready for the challenge, and I hope to see a lot of you out there tomorrow!

Cheers,
MG

No comments: