Monday, April 30, 2007

In Awe of the TransIowa Survivors...

Trans Iowa v.3: Final Official Results! -- from the Trans Iowa Blog

Overall Listing With Time And Class
1.Ira Ryan: 25:00hrs.............................................Mens Open
2. Marcin Nowak 25 hrs 10 min .........................Mens Open
3. Aaron Millberger 26.00 hrs.............................Mens Open
5. Joe Kucharski 26 hrs 4 min ...........................Single Speed/Fixed
6. Joeseph Meiser 27 hrs 7min..................Mens Open - Joe is a Salsa amigo.
7. Chris Plesko 27hrs 12 min ............................Single Speed/Fixed
8. Brian Dukek 28 hrs 13 min ............................Single Speed/Fixed
9. Paul Black 29 hrs 38 min ...............................Mens Open
10. Tim Ek 29 hrs 59 min ...................................Mens Open
17. Tie: Skip Cronin/Matt Braun/Travis Braun 32 hrs 15 min ...Single Speed/Fixed
19. Tie: Butch Johnson/Matt Wills 32 hrs 57 min ...Single Speed /Fixed

I have to say that I'm in complete awe of the accomplishment of our friends Skip, MW and Da Butchie. It's an amazing feat of stregth and perseverance, and I guess I better get ready for one of those myself, because per MW's and my prior agreement, due to his successful finish of Trans Iowa, I'm not only obligated to ride with him in the Dirty Kanza 200 on May 19, I'm also roped into Trans Iowa next year. Hmmm... I gotta' stop making deals with people. Oh well -- what doesn't kill me will make me stronger.

Once again, Great work gentlemen!! My hat's off to you.

Tuesday update... I realized that I forgot to mention the valiant effort my good buddies Cornbread and Bonsall undertook at TI. (Thank you Laura!) Both set personal distance records at around 200 miles. I've never ridden 200 miles. You guys are studs! I apologize for not mentioning you guys in my original post.

Dave Story started a photo album for TransIowa v.3, and images have been added... Czech it out. Dave is an incredibly good photographer.

Cheers,
MG

No comments: