I'm looking forward to a 2007 filled with incredible singletrack, even more incredible friends and the priceless experiences we'll have when we mix the two.
In 2007, I aspire to:
- Continue the good progress towards slowing down that I started in 2006. I still drive too fast, but I've made progress -- I don't drive as fast as I used to. Ask Laura -- it's true. That said, I still have some work to do, but the good news is that I didn't receive a single ticket in 2006. I'm going for two years in a row, ticket-free.
- Show more gratitude. I am fortunate in so many ways, and in 2007 I'm going to be better about communicating my gratitude to the people who make my life great. While it's true that you often don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, I'm going to try to be better at being thankful for the things I have while I've still got them.
- Simplify. I have too much stuff, and I aspire to eliminate everything I have that has no specific role in my life. I think my natural "pack rat" tendency limits the new experiences I can have because I simply don't have room for them all (in my mind, in my house, in my car, in my backpack... wherever.)
- Let love rule. I aspire to eliminate hate from my vocabulary, and instead become a beacon of love, respect and admiration for everyone around me, especially my family and friends.
- Be a champion for peace. I know I can only control myself and my actions, but if I can learn to become the peace I seek in my world, I believe it can perpetuate peaceful change on a larger scale.
I hope 2007 is your best year yet, and that you succeed in all things important to you.